Awards, Prizes and Grants
August 2012: Best Paper Prize for Young Scholars, 14th Biennial Congress of the European Society for Health and Medical Sociology, Hannover, Germany.
November 2011: Full funding for participation in Workshop "Healthcare systems: change and outcomes. Ideas, institutions, actors, and reforms" from the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
November 2010: Full funding for participation in the First Global Symposium on Health Systems Research, WHO, Montreux, Switzerland from the Secretariat, WHO.
August 2010: Best Paper Prize for Young Scholars, 13th Biennial Congress of the European Society for Health and Medical Sociology, Ghent, Belgium.
2009-2012: Scholarship (€15,000 pa) for conducting PhD research for 3 years from BIGSSS and the German Research Foundation (DFG).
2007-2009: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (€21,000 pa) for MA studies for 2 years from the European Commission.
2006-2007: Swedish Institute Scholarship (SEK80,000 pa) for MA studies for 1 year from the Swedish government.
2000-2001: "Future Leaders Exchange" (FLEX) Programme scholarship for 1 year high school exchange in the USA from the US Government.
- Russian (native)
- English (fluent)
- German (intermediate)
- Czech (beginner)
- Spanish (basics)
- French (basics)
- Advanced econometric analysis (regression analysis of cross-sectional, longitudinal and panel datasets; GMM; time-series methods; multilevel analysis; structural equation modeling; cross-sectional and longitudinal cluster and factor analysis; mapping statistical data)
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA)
- Basic qualitative techniques of data analysis
- Microsoft Office confident user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, Outlook)
- Econometric analysis packages: advanced programming in Stata, working knowledge of SPSS, MLwiN, R and MPlus
- Comfortable with diverse OS
- Basics of LaTeX
- Learn easily (including computer programming and packages)
- Confident user of Adobe Lightroom, hobby-photographer
- Driver's license (EU), category B
Reviewer for the following journals:
- Health Policy
- Social Science and Medicine
- Health and Place
- European Society for Health and Medical Sociology (ESHMS), January 2012 – present
- European Association for Population Studies (EAPS), February 2014 - present
- Equal Opportunities Officer at BIGSSS, member of the BIGSSS Advisory Board, September 2010 – August 2011
- Member of the BIGSSS PhD candidates selection committee as a Fellow Representative and an Equal Opportunity Officer, 2010-2011