April 2018 – December 2021: Researcher at the Department of Sociology, Uppsala University, Sweden. Project funded by Vetenskapsrådet (VR) "The different aspects of health: relations between mortality, morbidity, functional status and subjective health in European populations."
- Publishing articles
- Teaching sociological, statistical, and academic skills courses
- Parental leave (October 2018-March 2020: 100%, April 2020-December 2021: 50%)
September 2015 – March 2018: Postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Sociology, Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Several manuscripts in preparation
- Parental leave (September-December 2015: 50%, January 2016 - August 2018: 12.5%)
January 2014 – August 2015: Project researcher at Stockholm Centre on Health of Societies in Transition (SCOHOST) at Södertörn University, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Project with Ilkka H. Mäkinen "Trajectories of the population development of Russian regions" (2 articles)
- Funding applications preparation.
- August 2014-August 2015: Parental leave (100%)
March 2013 – April 2013: Research stay at the Department of Sociology and Political Science, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway.
- Participation in the development of the health rotating module in European Social Survey: "Social inequalities in health and their determinants"
November 2011 – February 2012: Research stay at Stockholm Centre on Health of Societies in Transition (SCOHOST) at Södertörn University, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Work on a common project, "Regional population trends and health in Russia: trajectories of development and path-dependency" with Prof. Dr. Ilkka H. Mäkinen.
- Responsible for data cleaning and analysis, creating maps, examining the literature and writing the literature review.
June 2005 – February 2006: Research Assistant to the director Prof. Dr. Y.I. Rubinsky Internship at the Centre of French Research, the Institute of Europe at the Russian Academy of Science.
- Assisting in yearly publication of the Monograph "Europe: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow" (in Russian).
September 2015 - December 2021: Lecturer at Uppsala University, Sweden
Courses: "Qualitative Methods in Social Science" (MA level), "Sociology of Health and Medicine" (MA and PhD level),"Quantitative Methods in Sociology" (PhD level), "Quality of Life: Theory and Applications" (MA)
August 2010 – December 2012: Coordinator and Instructor, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany.
Course: "Academic Skills in a Nutshell: an Introduction to Writing an Academic Paper" (BA).
April 2011: Instructor, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany.
Workshops "Academic Ethics: Do's and Don'ts of Academic Practice", "'Lost In Transition': from BA to MA" (BA).
October 2010 – February 2011: Lecturer, Universität Bremen, Germany
Course: "Sociology of Quality of Life" (BA and MA).
February – May 2010: Teaching Assistant, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany.
Course: "Civic Networks and Social Capital", by Prof. Dr. Christian Welzel (BA)
2018 - present: Member of the Executive Board of the European Society for Health and Medical Sociology (ESHMS)
- Managing mailing list and newsletter
- Creating, updating and managing the website www.eshms.eu
- Organising and taking part in the project on writing up the history of ESHMS
2022 - present: Editorial board member of the Social Theory and Health Journal
September 2010 – August 2011: Equal Opportunities Officer at BIGSSS, member of the BIGSSS Advisory Board.
2010-2011: Member of the BIGSSS PhD candidates’ selection committee as a Fellow Representative and an Equal Opportunity Officer.
September 2003 – June 2006: Team Leader at Voluntary position at the Students’ Union, faculty of Applied Political Science, Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia.
- Duties: office administration, organisation of lectures and presentations, students’ consultancy.